High Sine Wax for Parade and Barracks Use
Leder-Glӧs is a mixture of 85% wax and 15% oil. It has been developed for parade boots and barracks use.
*Note – use of Leder-Glӧs may darken the leather especially in the toe area or where there are scuff or scratch marks.
Low Oil Content: Restorative levels of leather are low
High Wax Content: Levels of polishing waxes are high
Colour Pigments: Content is high
Regular use of Leder-Glӧs will eventually increase leather hardness due to lower levels of conditioning oils.
*If leather shows signs of hardening or flex cracking, use a single treatment of Leder-Gris Xtreme – note this will darken the colour, but it will help restore leather oils and delay the rate at which cracking will occur.
- Size of tin 80gms
- Not tested on animals
- Keep out of reach of children – if swallowed, seek medical advice
- Avoid contact with eyes and mouth
High Shine Wax for Parade and Barracks Use
Instructions for Use
Altberg only recommends Leder-Gris/Glӧs
All leather will eventually show signs of cracking where the boot flexes. Treatment with Leder-Gris/Glӧs will slow down the rate at which this cracking will occur.
Drying boots too quickly will harden the leather and accelerate flex cracking - rapid drying may also shrink the boot and alter the fitting.
Always let boots dry naturally in a cool place.
DRYING LEATHER WHEN WET
- Never dry quickly
- Never dry near heat
- Never dry, or leave in sunlight
- Never force dry in any way
- Drying boots too quickly can shrink them - if you're in a very hot climate, cover the boots with a damp cloth to slow down the rate of moisture evaporation
- Use Leder-Gris Original (green label), or Leder-Glӧs regularly
- Use Leder-Gris Xtreme (red label) occasionally